mandag den 6. oktober 2014

29/9-5/10/14: Århus Xtreme Running



Photo: Løberen
I was not in ideal shape to do this, still pretty tired from the LL last weekend and still with a sore back. But  I'd been trying to do this race for about 4 years, but due to various reasons (mostly being injured or away), I'd never got round to it. I watched the 2011 and 2012 versions however, so had a fair idea of how tough a race it is: 3x2.5k lap with a hilly section in Marselis skov, then down a steep descent along the (stony) beach to a long set of stairs back up into the woods and a grass section round Hørhaven.

I decided to give it a decent go on the first lap and then see if I could hang on the rest of it on tired legs. I was about 10s down on the first lap to the eventual winner, who was a top class orienteer running for the race sponsors Løberen  (and hence was substantially faster\braver on the steep downhill than me!). After that though, I decided there was no way I'd close the gap, so slowed a bit into an easier pace for the rest of it, finishing a comfortable 2nd. Pretty enjoyable race, with a good turnout especially amongst 1900 runners and lovely sunny autumn weather on the day.

Training summary: easy recovery runs after the LL all week, only once a day, with lots of back stretching.  Some longer runs on Sat (20km) and Sun back from the race (12km) and in the evening (9km).
Races: as above.
Next week: back to more regular training...

22/9-28/9: LL Week



Training summary: light, easy runs round Lund up to the Lidingoloppet on Sat.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar